pH and Redox sensor with constant reference system
The special feature of the sensor ORVIM-2EV for the measurement of pH and Redox is the constant potential reference. The sensor has two glass electrodes for the measurement of pH and for the measurement of Redox presents one platinum and one glass electrode.
The advantages of the ORVIM-2EV in respect of the traditional system with reference Ag/AgCL are:
- The potential reference has been generated by one glass electrode which is immersed in a buffer solution pH 7: this is the reason why the potential is constant;
- The buffer solution is electrochemically connected through a double salt bridge of potassium chloride (KCl) with the liquid which has to measured;
- No silver ions (Ag+) are present in the double salt bridge. This means that in the porous frit there are only ions of potassium (K+) and chloride (Cl-);
- The absence of silver ions (Ag+) avoids the formation of silver salt in the porous frit, for example as sulphidies, chlorides and so on. Salt which quickly precipitate could plug the porous frit;
- Easy and simple maintenance: replacing the buffer solution and the double salt bride pratically brings the customer a new sensor. This operation is very simple and economical;
- We remember that with the traditional system the electrode isn’t regenerable but it has to be completely replaced (throwaway electrode). The replacement of the buffer solution and the double salt bridge could be done every 9 months. Normally the traditional systems demands the calibration control twice or three times a week when the process isn’t difficult. For complex processes the traditional systems demands the calibration control once or twice a day. Thanks to Orvim – 2EV constant reference, theoretically no calibration control is needed, but it is anyway better to carry out the calibration control, which you do through the buffer solution pH7 and pH4 every 30 or 60 days;
- The measuring pH glass electrode is shielded by inox AISI 316 L Body, able to protect pH electrode from electrical noises;
- The pH and Redox sensors have an internal preamplifier board, able to broadcast the signal at very long distances without disturbs and measure pH in very pure water;
- The sensor ORVIM – 2EV can replace any traditional sensor and can be connected directly to your analyzer without changing the receiving instrument.
It is possible to upgrade from traditional system to ORVIM – 2EV system to get all these advantages with a low cost.